Thursday 16 May 2013


About Me/Blog Introduction

Hey everyone my name is Tommy. I'm 22 years old and come from a Vietnamese background but born and raised in Melbourne and currently living in Melbourne. I recently graduated from Monash University with a Bachelor of Science majoring in Pharmacology. Well that's about enough of an Introduction regarding me. Now onto the blog...

The one best thing I would say about living in Melbourne is that it's a highly multicultural city which means that there is a huge selection and different variety of food at different regions. A big part of my life and one of my main hobbies involves exploring different parts of Melbourne and trying out different cuisines from different restaurants, checking in on Facebook and taking pictures of the food I eat. Some people have found it helpful and use it as a food guide. Others (especially those on diets) think I'm a bitch who likes to taunt people with my drool-worthy food pictures. Not trying to make my friends over Facebook jealous or anything *cough*... Hmm... maybe just a little =P.

Up to date I have checked into at least 300 restaurants in Melbourne (I lost count) and rather than keeping these food photos on Facebook, I decided to start up a food blog as a guide for others who want to know what's good and what's not. I mean who wants to dine in a shitty place and waste all this money? (You'll thank me for the sacrifices). This blog will provide an elaborate explanation on the different factors I believe make a good restaurant and highlight some of my personal favourites with a score out of 5 after each separate criteria has been assessed.

I'm hoping that this blog helps out for all you foodies, dining virgins or those indecisive people who stand around a circle with their friends saying: "What do you want to eat?" "I dunno what do you wanna eat?" etc etc. Save some money, some time deciding and saving you the horror of eating bad food and ruining your entire night. I speak from experience...

Till next time, Eat out <--- Rather than peace out d(^^)b


2 comments: